Institute of High Voltage & Power Transmission
“Prof. Gottfried Gotter”
Faculty of Exact Sciences and Technology
National University of Tucuman
The Institute of High Voltage & Power Transmission (IATTE) is a partner for research and development in the domain of electrical energy. Our know-how is based on well-founded expert knowledge, with teaching at engineering, master and doctorate levels.
The IATTE is conformed by three Laboratories:
- Numerical Simulation Laboratory, for phenomena involving electromagnetic fields and power systems.
- Measurement Laboratory, for instrument calibration and special electrical measurements
- High Voltage Laboratory, involving two testing rooms for medium and high voltages.
The IATTE has organized the 20th International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering ISH 2017
The National University of Tucuman has created the first Argentine university laboratory in high voltage in 1960, now become the Institute of High Voltage and Power Transmission “Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gottfried Gotter”. Thanks to our extensive experience in high voltage engineering we can provide high quality research and support in all high voltage related areas. The basic equipment in our laboratory is:
- 1400kV 35kJ Impulse generator
- 600 kV 4 kJ Impulse generator
- 250kV 25kVA AC test transformer
- 130kV 6 kVA AC test transformer
- 120kV DC generator
- Dielectric loss & capacitance measurements
- Partial discharge measurements
- HV tests under artificial rain
- LF electric and magnetic fields measurements
- 1 kA AC current tests
- air insulation
- electrical discharges
- metrology in HV
- lightning impulse tests
- partial discharge measurements
- insulation tests with AC and DC
- lightning protection
- insulation coordination
- surge arrester assessment
- grounding systems
- EM field calculation
- ELF-EM field exposure and environmental effects
INSTITUTE OF HIGH VOLTAGE & POWER TRANSMISSION
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF TUCUMAN
Campus "Ing. R.Herrera"
Av. Independencia 1800 - (4000) S.M. de Tucuman, Argentina
Phone/Fax: +54.381.436 1784
The IATTE is located in the University Center “Ing. Roberto Herrera”, Faculty of Exact Sciences and Technology of the National University of Tucuman, Av. Alem 1800, San Miguel de Tucuman.