IMPORTANT: please notice that MECOM 2018 will be held at UNSTA venue (Av. Perón 2085, Yerba Buena, Tucumán.). For more information see venue.
ENIEF/MECOM congress series are annual meetings organized with the auspice of the Argentine Association of Computational Mechanics to promote the diffusion of scientific and technological information related to Computational Methods in Engineering, to favour the exchange of experiences related to the scientific and professional use of numerical methods and computational techniques, not only for research purposes but also for technology transfer to the industrial sector, to promote research and learning of basic theories of Computational Mechanics and to promote the exchange of information and scientific and technological works.
- President: Dra. Bibiana Luccioni
- Vice-President: Ing. Sergio Gutierrez
- Secretary: Dra. Sonia Vrech
- Treasurer: Dr. Facundo Isla
Invited speakers [see more]
- Prof. M. H. Ferri Aliabadi, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Aeronautics, Imperial College, England.
- Prof. Sergio Idelsohn, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – CIMNE, Spain.
- Prof. Eddie Koenders, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany.
- Prof. Rainald Lohner, Center for Computational Fluid Dynamics, College of Science, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, USA.
- Prof. Anna Pandolfi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
- Prof. Areti Papastavrou, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Building Services Engineering, Germany.
- Prof. Paul Steinmann, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Eriangen-Nürnberg, Germany.
- Dr. Jan Červenka. Director Ejecutivo de Červenka Consulting y principal responsable del desarrollo del programa ATENA, Czech Republic.
- Prof. Peter Hagedorn. Director del Instituto de Mecánica, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany.
Topics [see more]
- Acoustics and vibrations
- Structural analysis
- Applications to nuclear power reactors
- Wavelets applications
- Industrial applications
- High performance computing
- Uncertainty quantification and stochastic modeling
- Structural dynamics
- Teaching of numerical methods
- Multiphase flow and transport in porous media and microscale
- Mathematical foundations of numerical methods
- Computational fluid mechanics
- Solid mechanics
- Failure modeling of materials
- Modeling of multibody systems
- Multi-scale modeling of materials
- Computational modeling in bioengineering, biomechanics and biomedical systems
- Optimization and control: theory and applications
- Heat and mass transfer
- Sessions proposal:
Up to February 23, 2018
- Abstracts submission:
Up to April 30, 2018. . Up to May 14, 2018 Up to May 18, 2018
- Notification of accepted abstracts:
Up to May 30, 2018. New date: Up to June 8, 2018
- Full paper Submission:
Up to July 20, 2018. Up to August 4, 2018. Up to August 13, 2018. Up to August 20, 2018
- Notification of full paper evaluation:
Up to August 20, 2018. Up to September 4, 2018
- Corrected full paper submission:
Up to September 5, 2018. New date: Up to September 20, 2018
- Notification of corrected full paper evaluation:
Up to September 20, 2018. New date: Up to October 4, 2018
Papers submission [see more]
The abstract and paper submission will be done through OCS system of AMCA. For that purpose, the author should go into the following link and follow the instruction: https://amcaonline.org.ar/mecom2018
Note: for consults and/or problems with OCS system please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts and papers should be written following AMCA style that is available for download in: http://www.amcaonline.org.ar/twiki/bin/view/AMCA/AmcaStyle
Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Tecnología – Universidad Nacional de Tucumán (UNT)
Av. Independencia 1800. CP 4000
San Miguel de Tucumán